Friday, April 20, 2012

How Drunk Do You Get?



Have you ever wondered where some of the sayings we use come from?  I was talking to a friend the other day and he said something about how drunk he was at 17 yrs old.  It got me thinking about all the saying there are about being drunk. Here's just a few that I found funny.
Knocked down, dragged out drunk.  Now if I really think about it. Some guy was so drunk, he was knocked down and dragged out by his feet. I would pay good money to see that happen.
Shit faced must have come from the south and cowboys. Some cowboy got so drunk, he fell face first into horseshit. Then the rest of the cowboys wouldn't let him live it down.  
Drunker than a skunk. Where the hell did this come from, I have no clue about this one. How drunk do skunks get? Just wondering.
Three sheets to the wind.  I have heard this one, but never really got it. Do you need to be hung out to dry with the sheets. 
Drank myself stupid. If you intended to get that drunk, you were already stupid. If you didn't plan it that way, your still stupid.
This one put me on the floor when my friend said it. Snot slinging, kamode hugging drunk.  Is that where you are so drunk you cant even blow your nose, and think the toilet is your lover?  
I drank myself straight. Does that mean that you were crooked to begin with, or you were having a sexual identity crisis?  That one can go either way. (yes the pun was intended)
Drinking her pretty.  If you are at the bar and you need to get that drunk to get laid, there is probably a good reason you are not getting laid sober. 
Piss drunk, do you smell like piss or have you had so much you have to piss, or did you just piss yourself.
So I was wondering, is it really necessary to get that drunk. Don't get me wrong, I have had my drunken moments, I am sure I have used one of those statements on occasion. Now that I am older and wiser when it comes to drinking, I have come to the conclusion, if you are going to get that drunk, as long as you are not driving and you are in the privacy of your own home. You can get as shit faced, snot slinging, kamode hugging, knocked down dragged out drunk as you want to be.  I will be getting drunk at least once this summer, sitting by the fire pit, with my hubby. And again, don't drink alcohol and drive, and Laugh at Me, Every One Else Does.

No comments:

Post a Comment