Saturday, December 31, 2011

Starting Over (for the umpteenth time)

Here is where I start the new year. Lets start with the three decisions I have made as of today. (no they are not new-years resolutions) First, I decided to go to school after 16 years. Second, quit smoking. (have patch,will travel) Last but not least, lose weight. Now some might say this is an impossible task. I have been told I am taking on too much to start, and one person says I am going to be a total bitch trying to do all three.(she shall remain nameless at this time)I already am a bitch so that don't matter to me. Maybe they are right. I have a habit of starting things and not following threw, but I am hoping by sharing some laughs along the way may help me keep this going. So here we go, and remember, Laugh at me everyone else does.

I made a choice to go back to school and take a totally different career path. I have worked in gas stations, restaurants, factories, and God know what else. This is almost out in left field. I am looking into going to school for Radiology. It is one step to what I really want to do. More on that later. Anyhow I think that this might be a good thing for me. I lack direction right now and school seems to be a good fit for me. Right now its information gathering, but going to admissions on Tuesday to find out what I need to do. (trying not to be neurotic about the whole thing) I don't want to panic before I have to panic. I probably will have a panic attack before too long. Its not pretty. I swear at people and throw things and call little old ladies unspeakable names.(especially if they are driving in front of me, I want to run them over) I.H.S.F.P.
I am also about to embark on the smoke-free journey. I am 47 yrs old and have smoked at least if not more than three quarters of my life.(I figure if I quit, I can be around long enough to drive my grandchildren nuts) I'm not quitting because my doctor told me to, or because of peer pressure. Its because I am so sick of my mother-in-law telling me that I should quit because of the money and my health.(I love her but she can be a pain sometimes,and in this case she is mostly right but don't tell her that) I am quitting because I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. Quitting is the only choice right now. I want to wake up and be able to breath. I usually just wake up and cough up a lung. (great way to start a day). Stay tuned, I might have a complete breakdown before all is said and done. I don't put aside becoming homicidal at any point in time.(I wont kill, but I might maim someone) Cant take all my fun.
How the hell did I gain 40lbs in eight years. I use to weight 125lbs. (do not state the obvious)The B.M.I (for those who don't know what that is Body Mass Index) is telling me I am obese. I am at 33% B.M.I. That makes me 35 lbs over weight. (red hair and round body just don't go together.) I don't like the way I look, so it is time to change it. I want to be in a size 6 again. (4 would be better) but 6 is good. I am in a size 11/12. I do know what to do but, if anyone has helpful hints, they would be appreciated. (need all the help I can get) At one point in my life I looked good. Need to get that back. (If I look better I will feel better, I hope)
So I have this to ask. Am I crazy? Its best not to answer right now. I will ask in about 2 weeks when I think everything will fall apart.
Okay, I have a direction to go, I can get to where I want to go. I have the brains, I have support.(do I sound convincing?)

2 comments:

  1. Let's face it Missy, all of us in our family have always had a problem with our weight. Mine is stabilized between 190 to 200 pounds. If you can shed the weight and keep it off, more power to you. But don't obsess about it, it isn't healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gained 60 pounds in 6 months... I would like to drop about 15. I say be happy with the weight you are as long as it is not disabling, there are many people who are fighting cancer and other illnesses that would give more than we can imagine just to be able to keep a couple extra pounds on.

    ReplyDelete